Saturday, February 28, 2009

Relaxing and Learning

This week has been rather decent. Other than a bunch of stupid stuff w/ banks. I bought some thin silver colored pewter metal sheets to do some engraving type work with. I'm totally new to it but it seemed really cool, plus it would be neat put together with polymer clay or glass.

Lately I've just wanted to start making my own components and such, it's cheaper and doing your own stuff is just more unique and rewarding I think. I bought some ring mandrels to start making my own rings from filigrees and such so that's nifty. I also got a bench block to work harden the wire stuff I've begun to dabble in. I just wish I had a garage or shed so I could try my hand at making my own glass beads.

I've started talks with a local glass maker about maybe getting some custom beads, he can do the stuff i lean towards, it's not his norm though. He said maybe we can trade stuff so we'll see where it goes.

I'm feeling quite optimistic about making more of my own components and such, but as any jewelry maker will tell you....you always need some type of equipment you don't have. Alas, that will not stop my spiral deeper into bead addiction :D

-Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. good luck with the adventure of creating your own components - it is always fun to experiment, can't wait to see what you come up with :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh, I wish I were talented/ambitious enough to tackle "making my own components" heh.

    ReplyDelete